Western Balkans Uncovered
Be the star of your own historical epic as you walk along the city walls of ‘Game of Thrones’ fame in Dubrovnik, explore the World Heritage-listed architecture of Montenegro’s Kotor, and stroll down hidden alleyways that have existed since ancient times. This adventure combines the must-sees of the Balkan region and the lesser-known glories of North Macedonia and Albania to create the perfect blend of old and new. Hang out in some of Europe’s most atmospheric and lesser known Old Towns, cruise around Lake Ohrid, and explore boutiques in Tirana. You’ll check out regional hot spots and experience a hefty dollop of cultural hospitality on this immersive 12-day journey.
- Skopje - Matka Canyon
- Prizren - Kalaja Fortress Visit
- Skopje - Day Trip to Prizren
- Ohrid - Leader-led Orientation Walk
- Ohrid - Lake Ohrid Boat Cruise
- Berat - Castle Visit
- Berat - Walking Tour with Local Guide
- Berat - Traditional Balkan Dinner
- Tirana - Walking Tour with Local Guide
- Kruja - Fortress Visit
- Kruja - Ethnographic Museum
- Kruja - Day Trip to Kruja
- Shkoder - Rozafa Castle
- Dubrovnik - Dubrovnik Card (1 day local transport and entry to sites)
- Dubrovnik - City Walls Walk
- Sail across the blue waters of Lake Ohrid, one of Europe's oldest lakes. No wonder North Macedonia and Albania share this beautiful attraction – nobody would want to let it go.
- Admire the World Heritage-listed architecture of Dubrovnik and Montenegro’s Kotor as you walk along their ancient city walls.
- Enjoy a traditional Balkan dinner, featuring dishes like stuffed peppers, cheese and spinach pies, hearty meat dishes, plenty of grilled and fresh veggies, and perhaps a glass or two of raki.
- Lose yourself in Tirana, Albania's colourful capital, and explore the wonders of Berat on walking tours with expert local guides.
- Venture out to Matka Canyon, a deep ravine cut into the Suva mountains by the Treska River, and explore this beautiful natural area on foot or by boat.
- Adventure and Active
Our leaders are born and raised in-count ...